Tuesday 4 August 2009

English Camp is in full swing! As for English class I am teaching a level six class out of 8. I would defiantly have to say this is the most advanced class I have ever had, I having difficulty finding ways to make it harder but its working out great thus far. Yesterday I dressed up like the German soccer player Bastian Schweinsteiger and took a press conference from the class. It was a great time making up random information that I didn’t know about him and talking about how skilled I was. From there they had to write a sports column with the information they collected. I would have to say it was one of the best activities ever! The discussions groups are also solid, we had a little difficulty finding a balance between which languages to use but everyone is benefiting from active discussion. I really appreciate how much energy the Letovice youth group has, it’s easy to build on and get everyone involved. The games are rocking, the sports are rocking and discussion of God began the second night.

Tomorrow is the hike, so I must get some rest. Pray for our team with broken bodies, it seems a lot of us are suffering from something.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

ahh i see familiar faces, i am so sad not to be there!

Lydia said...

hi neil
Amazing words you wrote down!
Also the other posts.
I start to understand how improtant, special and good your time in czech must have been.
As a pastor this morning said on the flevo festival: you have to get a refill, and than Go in peace.. that's what i think you did.

Amazing.